Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your physical self shows your emotions...

I'm tired and stressed, so I walked to work this morning, to wake me up and give me some time to myself. Fresh air and music is a good way to wake up. When I arrived at work I found an interesting article in my e-mail. This e-mail described how your body displays stress and emotion, so if you are not quite sure how exactly you are feeling, it may help.

The focus was on 3 major areas of the body.

  • Tension or pain in your neck and shoulder area is supposed to show that you have pent up anger you have not communicated.
  • Constriction in your throat and chest show sadness.
  • Tension in your stomach and belt line area show fear or anxiety.
Was an interesting article to read today. My shoulders and neck always hurt, my chiropractor has to continuously stretch them out for me. This area is where I carry my stress...and today it seems that there is a lump in my throat all the time. I am sitting at my desk in my office this morning, listening to my friend's experience yesterday when the vet gave him a card with the paw print of the dog he just lost...tears running down my cheeks. And here they come again, there must be something else causing these feelings. This is unlike me. In the meantime, walking to work, yoga and baking will be my release. Too bad I can't do them all at the same time. : )

No comments: